High School Honors Band
DATE: January 18 - 20, 2018
Dates and Deadlines ♦ Application Procedures ♦ Schedule of Events ♦ Guest Clinicians (tba.) ♦ WECLOME GUIDE ♦ Director Nomination Form ♦ Student Registration ♦ 2017 Audition Music (to be determined) ♦ Hotels ♦ Campus Map
The EKU High School Honors Band Clinic is open to all band students in grades 9-12 upon the recommendation of their band director or an EKU faculty member. Three honor bands will be selected based on the teacher recommendation process. Final band placement is based upon a short audition on Thursday evening of the event.
Nominations close: Friday, December 1, 2017
Acceptance list posted: Monday, December 11, 2017
Registration for accepted students opens: December 12, 2017
Deadline to register: Friday, December 22, 2017
Festival dates: January 18-20, 20184
- Each school may initially submit up to 20 students using the EKU Honor Band Nomination Form. Directors should consider carefully the rankings assigned to each student as well as additional information provided. Both are considered heavily in the selection process. Additional student applications may be requested from a school to fulfill instrumentation needs in the three bands, as needed. We cannot, however, guarantee that all students submitted will be accepted. EKU Faculty may also nominate students for inclusion.
- Students will be evaluated based upon director recommendations, and an accepted list will be posted to this website and emailed to directors on December 11, 2017.
- The selected students must then complete an online Student Registration Form (also available December 11, 2017), and begin preparing the audition materials.
Cost of Participation and Responsibility
- The cost of the clinic is $50.00 per student, payable at event registration on Thursday evening. Housing is available from local hotels/motels at the student's expense. Meals are the responsibility of each participant. Many local restaurants will provide discount coupons to aid with meal costs. Information regarding the housing will be sent to the band directors with notification of acceptance of students into the program. Each school must make their own reservations.
- EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY CAN NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUPERVISION OR CHAPERONING OF STUDENTS ATTENDING DURING THE EVENT. EACH SCHOOL (or parent) IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISION OF THEIR STUDENTS.