♦ Frequently Asked Questions ♦ Membership Registration Form ♦ Marching Colonel for a Day ♦ Preseason Schedule 2019 ♦ 2019 Season Schedule at a Glance ♦
The EKU Marching Colonels, the Pride of Kentucky, have a long and distinguished tradition as one of the finest marching bands in the Commonwealth. All students at EKU, regardless of major, are welcome to join the Marching Colonels, and for most, it is a free elective credit. Below are some of the benefits of participating in the Marching Colonels.
• $500 Fall scholarship award for participation
• Priority registration for Spring and Fall registration (This is really important!)
• Clothing for games that the student gets to keep.
• Food during game days
• Free early move-in (beat the rush of freshmen move-in…Aug. 9 or 11)
• Free meals during band camp (Aug 19-15)
• Built in friendships and camaraderie
• Performing with 100+ friends in the largest venues on campus to thousands.
• Learning 30+ pieces of music each semester, including at least five separate shows.
• Positive and FUN rehearsal and performance environment
• Built in support through the organization in helping students navigate their first year (academic, emotional, personal through student mentors, and health support with our athletic trainer)
• Opportunity to develop into a leadership program to develop communication, leadership and support skills in future years.
• Opportunity to earn (additional) $500 spring scholarship for participation in the Maroon Machine (pep band for volleyball and basketball)
• Elective (or major) course credit as a designated ensemble in the School of Music
For more information, contact Director of Athletic Bands, Dr. Timothy Wiggins.