The Maroon Machine
The Colonels Maroon Machine is the new, larger, and inclusive version of the EKU Pep Band. The band plays at home volleyball and basketball games and other events around campus. The group travels to OVC and/or March Madness basketball tournaments to perform on a regional and national stage.
- $500 scholarship (per year, in addition to the Marching Colonels or any other academit, merit or music scholarships)
- Have a blast being the second most recognized group on campus (after the Marching Colonels, of course!)
- Perform between 20 and 35 times during the season
- Travel to the OVC tournament in March for free
- Pizza at all double headers
The Colonels’ Maroon Machine is a .5 credit hour class in the fall and spring, both of which are required for participation. [MUS 250, CRN# 15263] The course meets across semesters, from September through March, and physically meets from 8-9 PM on Thursday evenings. You must be available during this time slot, during typical game times (Thursdays and Saturdays) AND you must be available for the tournament trip (first week in March).
Date: Thursday, September 5, 7-10pm in Foster 300
Sign up link: Google Sheet Link (link will be active August, 2019)
Performance Material: Hail, Hail, Eastern Maroons; Heartbreaker; and 1 other tune of the player’s choice
Rubric: You are measured on all aspects of performance and how you hype.
Instruments: Audition instruments will not be provided except a drum set. If you need help, please contact Dr. Wiggins.
The Maroon Machine is open to all students enrolled in classes at EKU.
Contact Dr. Wiggins:
- Foster 113