The Maroon Machine
The Colonels Maroon Machine is the new, larger, and inclusive version of the EKU Pep Band. The band plays at home volleyball and basketball games and other events around campus. The group travels to ASUN and March Madness basketball tournaments to perform on a regional and national stage.
- Open to all students without audition
- Students may audition for limited $500+ scholarship seats (per year, in addition to the Marching Colonels or any other academic, merit or music scholarships)
- Have a blast being the second most recognized group on campus (after the Marching Colonels, of course!)
- Perform between 20 and 35 times during the season
- Travel to the ASUN tournament in March for free
- Free food at all double headers
The Colonels’ Maroon Machine is a .5 credit hour class in the fall and spring, both of which are required for participation (MUS 250). The course meets across semesters, from August through March, and physically meets from 2:30-3:45pm on Friday afternoons. You must be available during this time slot, during typical game times AND you must be available for the tournament trip (first week in March).
Students are not required to make 100% of games, and a rotation policy is set up so students can fully participate in the class, allowing for the variability in college academic life. Here is a preliminary 2022/2023 Maroon Machine Calendar. (Note: These dates and times are subject to change. It also includes Marching Colonel dates for reference, since many members of the MM will be in MC's as well. You are not required to be in MC to be in MM.)
Date: August 18th and 19th, 7-10pm in Foster 300
Sign up link: Google Sheet Sign up link
Performance Material: Hail, Hail Eastern Maroons, Heartbreaker, Talking Out the Side of Your Neck. Here is the link to the parts:
Rubric: You are measured on all aspects of performance and how you hype.
Instruments: Audition instruments will not be provided except a drum set. If you need help, please contact Dr. Wiggins.
The Maroon Machine is open to all students enrolled in classes at EKU.
Contact Dr. Wiggins:
Contact Anna French: