Timothy D Wiggins
- Director of Athletic Bands
- Ph.D. in Music Education, Florida State University
- M.M. in Wind Conducting, University of Memphis
- B.M. in Bassoon Performance and Music Education, Arizona State University
- Department: School of Music
- Office: Foster 113
- Mailing Address: Foster 101
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 859-622-3471
- Expert Areas: Music Education, Ensemble Music, Conducting, Wind Literature
Dr. Wiggins is an Assistant Professor of Music Education and Director of Athletic Bands at Eastern Kentucky University. He has taught, performed and conducted music with players and students ranging from fifth grade through the doctoral-level, and adults in community and religious venues. Trained as an instrumental music educator, conductor and orchestral bassoonist, Dr. Wiggins has spent the majority of his career teaching bands, but has also worked in orchestral and choral venues, and performed as a freelance and orchestral musician. Dr. Wiggins has managed comprehensive band programs at middle and high schools. He has taught undergraduate and graduate students in areas of large and chamber ensemble performance, teacher training, conducting, and athletic bands.
Dr. Wiggins has participated in hiring committees, managed operational, capital and touring budgets, led departments, trained faculty and mentored pre-service teachers. He is an active participant in the profession, presenting at professional development clinics, conducting honor bands, managing solo and ensemble festivals and disseminating original research. Dr. Wiggins holds a PhD in Music Education from Florida State University, a MM in Wind Conducting from the University of Memphis, and BM’s in Orchestral Bassoon Performance and Instrumental Music Education from Arizona State University.